Today is the last day of our upper body workout series with brilliant fitness expert Lucy Miller, designed to pump you up for 2013! The entire workout is simple and effective – you can do it at home, outside, or at the gym. (It’s also the perfect workout for any and all Zaggora sportswear.)
After, you’ll be ready for today’s exercises and on your way to a Hot and toned upper body!
TONE AND LIFT YOUR CHEST…WITH WIDE PRESS-UPS
This move is great for lifting your assets, while giving you shapely shoulders and a toned upper back and arms. You will also need to recruit your core during a press-up to help keep your body in a straight line. To do this, suck your belly button into your spine and feel your core engage. No arched bendy backs allowed!
1. Get in push-up position on your hands and knees, making sure your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
2. Walk your hands out so they are wider than your shoulders, then slowly bend your arms and lower your chest to the floor. Pause, then straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
BURN STUBBORN FAT…WITH MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
This cardio exercise, thrown in for good measure, will not only get your heart rate up so you burn more calories. It will also work every muscle in your body, especially your abs and arms.
1. Start in the press-up position, with your body in a straight line from your head to your feet.
2. Draw one knee in towards your elbows, with your other foot on the floor, then alternate your raised knee as fast as you can, running your legs into your chest.
3. Try to keep your body in a straight line and don’t raise your bottom during the exercise.
Now you’ve got all of the steps to start burning up the New Year with hotter-than-ever arms, abs, and shoulders.
Tell us what you think and ask Lucy your fitness questions in the comments. We’ll be posting a final Q&A with her on Friday.
Read her first one for some savvy fitness tips in the meantime.
Fitness expert Lucy Miller is Fitness Editor of Health & Fitness Magazine and is a qualified level 3 Personal Fitness Trainer. Read all about her on her website and follow her for excellent advice on Facebook and Twitter.